compensation: Commensurate with experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Company Information: Fast growing and fast paced manufacturing Company is looking for a qualified Production Manager for the long term. This is an opportunity for a skilled production or plant manager who is highly organized and has strong knowledge of production processes and maintenance of machinery. Salary is commensurate with overall experience.
Description: A key member of management team in a very diversified, fast paced environment, the Production Manager directs the operations and processes for the fabrication plant to maintain production schedules, ensure that all areas are operating efficiently, safely and to full capacity through organization, planning, proper repairs and maintenance, frequent observation, evaluation and training, pro active correction and the delegation of duties while holding employees accountable by measuring performance. The Production Manager is responsible for costs associated with production of product for sale, and also for the maintenance and management of personnel, machines and facility. The Production Manager is accountable for the achievement of plant performance objectives, profitability, on-time shipping and product quality.
Responsibilities: The following represents the main job duties of the fabrication Production Manager; however, it is not an all-inclusive list of all the job duties that may be required. All Employees are expected to perform other related duties as assigned by the supervisor and/or management.
Management Role / Responsibilities:
• Be instrumental in building the company, and keep profitability as high as possible.
• Manages the daily operations of plant production and coordinate orders, production, maintenance activities, shipping, safety, and the workers within the plant.
• Formulates procedures for cutting waste, and building efficiency, cross training, and discipline.
• Develops a strategic plan to maximize production by studying the manufacturing process, presenting assumptions and recommending objectives.
• Coordinate with management concerning order status and shipping schedule.
• Builds company image and employee morale by collaborating with employees, enforcing ethical business practices and instituting employee incentives.
• Evaluates and communicates performance to employees. Holds employees accountable for performance by using systems of measurement.
• Maximizes equipment operation by collaborating with Maintenance/Plant Staff for developing and scheduling proper preventative maintenance.
• Communicate values, strategies and objectives to employees.
• Responsible for order organization, on-time and complete shipping.
• Responsible for plant organization, storage and staging areas and cleanliness.
• Order supplies and develp as well as adhere to minimum/maximum quantities.
• Responsible for plant security.
• Resolving problems related to the day-to-day operations of the plant.
• Monitor and control operating expenses and consumable costs to include identification of savings opportunities in all plant areas.
• Review and develop incentive programs.
• Developing written schedules and procedures, and communicate them to management.
• Daily written and verbal communication with management
• Keep plant procedures, employee checklists and job descriptions up to date
• Manufacturing processes knowledge and experience
• Must be highly organized
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent business experience required.
• Three years or more plant experience with similar responsibilities required.
• Production background required.
• Must have excellent leadership skills and be able to motivate people.
• Mechanical/electrical background preferred.
• Be able to provide excellent recent and historical business and personal references.
• Employee management
• Familiar with all MS Office products
• Experience with production and production related issues, lean manufacturing
• Basic maintenance, mechanical, electrical, heavy equipment and machinery skills.
• Order processing.
• Quality control.
Skills and Requirements:
• Must be motivated to get the job done.
• Ability to prioritize work and meet strict deadlines.
• Self starter and aggressive work ethic.
• Ability to work well with others as well as independently.
• Must have electronic machinery computer skills.
• Self motivated and excellent problem solving abilities
• Superior organization and communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Excellent employee management and teaching skills.
• Strong multi tasking skills.
• Willing to learn all phases of plant systems, production and processing.
• Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills required.
• Outgoing, friendly and positive attitude.
• Pass a background check and drug screen.
• Be able to maintain confidentiality, provide and receive constructive feedback, work efficiently in a fast pace environment within strict time frames and deadlines. Be able to manage concurrent projects, to learn and teach all skills necessary. Able to complete tasks assigned using written and verbal instruction.
• Ability to handle pressure with poise and professionalism
• A fun, positive attitude with a sense of humor
Competitive pay and benefits available.
EOE / Drug free workplace
Salary is commensurate with overall experience
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers