compensation: Competitive Compensation and Benefits. employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
REGISTERED NURSES (RN)
Ancram, NY & East Jewett, NY
AHRC Camps offer vacation opportunities to adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities. We are looking for Registered Nurses to work part-time or full-time during the summer of 2019 starting in June, with the potential for other employment opportunities within the agency starting in September.
• The camp nurse has the unique opportunity to work with staff from all over the world to provide high-quality nursing care using a holistic approach.
• Ideal candidates have a strong clinical background, integrative approach and work well in a team environment.
• College level course in intellectual and developmental disabilities (optional).
• Certification in Reiki Level I and II (optional).
• Ability to incorporate mind-body, mindfulness practices, and integrative healthcare in a lively and peaceful environment in Columbia and Greene County, NY.
Camps are located in Ancram and East Jewett, NY--within a 30-60-minute drive to Rhinebeck, Woodstock, Poughkeepsie, Albany, New Paltz and other fine destinations. Camps are about a 2-hour drive to New York City.
• Oversee Health Center operations during assigned shifts, including direct supervision of LPNs and non-licensed staff. Prioritize duties and responsibilities of staff on duty, delegate tasks as warranted to meet Health Center objectives as outlined in daily routine or as identified by Supervising RN or stated designee.
• Assist in organization of Health Center Operations both pre and post season. Participate in delivery of general staff orientation in-services.
• Offer ongoing professional nursing education and health counseling to consumers/staff throughout the camping season.
• Triage and Assess need for nursing intervention during Physical or Psychological trauma, behavioral or medical crisis and provide immediate physical, clinical or professional support as indicated.
• Ensure clear, concise nursing documentation of all nursing assessments, treatments and/or interventions performed or administered by nursing personnel during assignment.
• Develop individualized Nursing Care Plan.
• Follows all applicable state and OPWDD nursing regulations pertaining to medication administration.
• Uphold all AHRC Camping Department Policies, Procedures, Rules and Regulations.
• Maintain respectful and professional interaction with peers, supervisors, staff, consumers and ancillary staff at all times.
• Perform other tasks/functions as requested by the Nursing Supervisor, Nursing Director or Director of Camping & Recreation.
• NYS RN Certification.
• New Graduate Nurses with temporary permit will be considered.
• Experience in Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities, Individuals with Special Needs (Preferred).
• Experience in an Acute Care Facility, Long Term Care, Community/Public Health and/or previous recreation or holistic background (Preferred).
• New graduates are welcome to apply.
• Part-time, Full-time or Per Diem
• Night on-call
Competitive salary in this field, up to $1,540 weekly.
Lodging and meals.