compensation: Compensation based on experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Engineering Manufacturing Technologies (“EMT”) is a metal component manufacturer located near Binghamton, NY. Our manufacturing facility is over 130,000 sq. ft. and we employ over 100 personnel. EMT has been in business for over 70 years and our manufacturing processes include Punch Press Stampings, Sheet Metal Fabrications, and CNC Machining & Turned parts. EMT is known as a leader in our industry and our manufacturing facility houses the “most state of the art” equipment. Our continued growth in the automotive, aerospace, commercial/industrial, DOD, firearm, and pharmaceutical industries requires EMT to hire an experienced CNC Set-up operator.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Support manufacturing needs through the operation of Multi-Axis Milling and Turning centers.
• Demonstrate the ability to Set-up and Operate CNC Milling & Turning Centers.
• Demonstrate the ability to trouble shoot machining problems fast and efficiently, cooperating with additional resources from additional areas, such as programmers and shift supervisors. Ability to perform a sequence of operations, consistently maintaining the performance level set for throughput and quality controls.
• Provide technical leadership and mentoring of team members and help develop the EMT machining department.
• Work as a team member to aid others in upholding and maintaining departmental standards including quality goals and on-time delivery goals.
• Execute to all of EMT’s Standard Operating Procedures as they pertain to manufacturing process and controls.
• Continuously improve job knowledge by participating in educational classes; reading technical publications, and cross-training of personnel.
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Minimum of 5-10 years of direct machining and manufacturing experience with CNC Milling & Turning Centers
• Advanced understanding of cutting tool selection and application.
• Advanced understanding of operation of Okuma, Haas, Mazak Milling and Turning Centers.
• Basic machine shop math.
• Basic blueprint reading and GD&T understanding.
• Mechanical reasoning and logical trouble shooting.
EMT provides an exciting and challenging work environment for the right candidate. EMT offers a competitive compensation package including a base salary with an incentive bonus plan. EMT’s fringe benefits include health and dental benefits, paid vacation, paid holidays, life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, 401K plan with employer match, employee FSA’s, and much more. EMT is looking for a career oriented professional to join our organization, who will demonstrate leadership qualities which will assist the company in achieving our aggressive growth and expansion plans.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers