QR Code Link to This Post
Engineering Manufacturing Technologies (“EMT”) is a metal component manufacturer located near Binghamton, NY. Our manufacturing facility is over 130,000 sq. ft. and we employ over 100 personnel. EMT has been in business for over 70 years and our manufacturing processes include Punch Press Stampings, Sheet Metal Fabrications, and CNC Machining & Turned parts. EMT is known as a leader in our industry and our manufacturing facility houses the “most state of the art” equipment. Our continued growth in the automotive, aerospace, commercial/industrial, DOD, firearm, and pharmaceutical industries requires EMT to hire a Manufacturing Process Engineer.
Manufacturing Engineer with process experience to be responsible for process design, operation and implementation. The successful candidate will have demonstrated ability to improve industrial processes (sheet metal, machining, weld and assembly) to improve efficiencies and reduce cost.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Develop and configure optimized processes for sheet metal and machined components, as well assembly and welded assemblies.
• Develop process routings (shop floor travelers) for manufactured components and support estimating new and repeat customer jobs.
• Review all new customer jobs, reviewing customer’s prints/models, to ensure all requirements can be met.
• Design, develop, and prove out processes, and improve processes. Adjust process travelers (routers) adding necessary detail to meet customer requirements.
• Review material requirements and generate Bills of Material.
• Assess non-conforming parts and processes and define corrective actions
• Review estimates (set up times, run times, and lead times) for quotes, and audit production performance to these.
• Design fixtures for welding and assembly.
• Must be willing to work overtime, as required and display a sense of urgency in responding to opportunities and issues.
• Experience in manufacturing processes
• Technical skills
• CAD skills
• Familiarity with OSHA safety regulations
• Analytical skills
• BS in Engineering or 10 years relevant work experience
• Previous work experience in a high volume, job shop, fast paced operation preferred
• Experience in an ISO 9001-2008 work environment
EMT provides an exciting and challenging work environment for the right candidate. EMT offers a competitive compensation package including a base salary and an annual incentive bonus plan. EMT’s fringe benefits include health and dental benefits, paid vacation, paid holidays, life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, 401K plan with employer match, employee FSA’s options, and much more. EMT is looking for a career oriented professional to join our organization, who will demonstrate leadership qualities which will assist the company in achieving our aggressive growth and expansion plans.